Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend

Weird, there isn't the option to choose the font I want this time.

So we slept until almost 1 pm again. I haven't been sleeping well. My left arm has been bothering me, falling asleep and aching. It's gone up to my shoulder blade and makes sleeping terrible. I smell like Ben Gay today, but I feel better.

Cari called not too long after we got up. They were going to Vinnie's and wanted to know if we wanted to come shopping with them. I told them to let us know if Dad was coming and we'd figure it out then. I eventually decided that we can't avoid the man forever and just have to suck it up and be adults and hopefully not make a scene. Jeremy promised he wouldn't but I didn't know what Dad would do. Jeremy wore his earplugs and listened to music. Dad sided up next to him and Jeremy turned to him and said firmly "Back off," Dad did a nervous, giggle/laugh and left him alone.

We got some cool stuff at Vinnies. Some books, towels, a couple tank tops, and a top sheet that's like the back side of the green blanket Grandma Norma made for me almost 30 years ago.

I really have to set up my room so that I can take my green blanket apart and fix the green polyester side and put new filler in the quilt and then top it with the new top sheet that I got today (and the 2 other's I've collected from Vinnie's already).

We got the supplies for fixing the garage door. And we are going to do that BEFORE we set up the screen tent.

I also purchased a couple plants from Pamida. Two tomato plants (one large red and one yellow), a butterfly plant and a hanging basket with coleus. The tomato and butterfly plants have been transferred to their permanent pots and are safely in the garage for the night (away from the possible frost we might get tonight) We are going to put the tomato plants inside the screen tent, they will be safe from rabbit (and deer hopefully, if the deer get them we have bigger problems than the plants being eaten), and we will be able to keep an eye on them and keep them watered.

Oh, and I picked up a crochet pattern book for afghans that has TWO zig zag patterns in it. Too cool! Now I just have to finish what I'm working on before I start anymore. I've got alot of aghans going now:

1) One large granny square purple, blue, pink and white.
2) Shells with rainbow colors
3) Hearts in pieces afghan
4) Basketweave afghan
5) seems like I'm missing one, can't think of it for the life of me, hmm, will have to go to Jeremy's room and figure out if there's another one hanging around somewhere, maybe I'm thinking of the one the Jackie wants me to make for her that I haven't started b/c she has to get the yarn first.

Oh and I also got a plastic basket that I can use for the ball of yarn I'm working with and it will not run all over the floor on me and will stay free of dog hair. And another and table. This one is very sturdy, madeof real wood not plywood or that fiber board stuff that doesn't last long and gets all wobly.

Jeremy wants me to use his old computer, I just have to clean off my desk and find places for all the junk I've collected. Of course it's not all junk, Jeremy's green guitar is up there.

Jeremy gave Ben (neighbor Ben, not brother Ben) his Black & White guitar and I'm happy it went to him and not someone else. Jeremy keeps wanting to sell one of them and I am always afraid that he's going to regret getting rid of them.

The nationwide race tonight is under rain delay. About an hour and a half before the race they got a downpour and there was standing rain on pit row. So far so good, hopefully they will get the track dried soon and start the race. The jet dryers and running around the track now, I wouldn't be surprised if they get the guys in the cars and possibly start under yellow.

The Coke 600 is tomorrow and I can't wait for the race!

Oh and Jeremy found a 2005 Race for the Chase Nascar mug. And I found one of those cute small pots, another pen holder. As Jeremy & I were saying how many of these things can we collect? Well, I guess we could use some in almost every room so maybe we can stop buying them now.

Okay, I'm off to bigger and better things online. Later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers