Friday, May 22, 2009

Ben graduated today

So Ben graduated tonigh. I cried like a baby. No one asked me if he could grow up. He's still 3 years old in my heart. That cute little boy that would leave love notes on my pillow that would read 'I love you Ben.' The same boy who would run around the house singing 'I should have been a cowboy.' The little boy who sat next to me and embroidered pictures that looked like he had drawn them. I have that around here still somewhere.

Ben got three scholarships tonight totaling $1,300 and some sort of grants that almost completely covers his college tuition. Good for him b/c he doesn't have a summer job yet. Sounds like Mom and Melanie are trying to get him to train for working for Wheels on Meals. Not sure how that would work with school or even if he's applied to do that. He had applied to do what Freddie had done at the Porkies, but I don't see Ben doing that sort of thing. He's just not an out door person.

This afternoon at Mom's Megan and I played with her make up that she got from her Potty Party. We had four different color nail polishes and blue sparkly lip gloss and purple hued body glitter. I don't know where she got to be a girly girl b/c she didn't get it from Cari. Katie is the same way and she didn't get if from Julie.

Dad pulled me aside and asked me to talk to Jeremy to tone down his blog. It won't happen, it's only going to push him to more of the same. I wrote Dan & Gloria an email, I'm really hoping I didn't do something to alienate them, it wasn't my intention.

Leah & Freddie came to Mom's. I got to talk to her for a few minutes. She's doing okay. They don't really know when the baby's due anymore, the date keeps getting moved around. She said that they are going to the doctor twice a week and sometimes more for testing.

Here's another thought: There was a Class of '09 video, we saw it at the ceremony and Ben played it again at Mom's after her famous apple bars and ice cream. While we were watching it the second time I got this weird feeling/thought in the back of my mind. "We will watch this video in 10 years and we will say, 'oh yeah, he died in a car accident.'" Scary & sad I know, just a thought that came into my mind. I'm not sure if it was b/c Ben got the Jessica Urbis scholarship and she died in a car accident or if just a fleeting abstract thought.

Okay, AMC is on, I missed the last half b/c I had to run some errands before going Down to the South End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers