Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Okay so today the White House is saying they don't know what was so funny that made Obama (I can't even call him 'the President') laugh when Wanda Sykes made a crude joke about kidney failure. Today I heard a report that Obama said kidney failure is not funny. At the time he thought it was and he laughed out loud, not smirk, not chuckle, LAUGHED. This dude (and I mean the term litterally this time, if you don't know what it means it involves an elephant and his butt hairs, you figure it out) really needs to figure out what he's going to stand for and what he's not. He can't do something (the Special Olympics joke episode comes to mind or the Sykes incident) tasteless and then later appologize and make everything better. Yes, we are supposed to forgive and forget, but we are also supposed to protect those who need protecting and not make fun of them or treat them badly. I can't imagine what those who have had kidney failure thru no fault of their own thought when Obama laughed at the joke. For fear of being called a heritic all I will say is, "That DUDE needs to shape up." That is my official statement, my press release, my feelings on the matter.

I forgot I have a Dementia Care meeting today. It's at 1:30 which really bumms me out b/c well, you know what's on at that time. GRRR, at least it will be overtime b/c I'm also working this afternoon. I turned in a request to work more afternoons and midnights than days. Will see if that's something they go along with. I hope so, it's so frustrating working days. I don't want to quit, can't afford to, but also my mental health needs to count for something.

Jeremy's still in bed. He's been having lots of trouble w/o the oxy. He's also not had ambien for a while so he's not sleeping good either. Will talk to the doctor tomorrow about upping the dose.

Tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary. Jeremy told me last night that he thought I would have gotten tired of dealing with him by now and we'd be over. I guess he doesn't really get the whole marriage is forever thing yet. Doesn't get that love isn't only for the good times and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger as a couple. I love the man, he's my best friend and I can't imagine life with out him. I remember life w/o him before and it was terrible. I was alone and unloved. It was just me and Gherra, and now it's a huge house full of personalities that I just love. He gave me that and I'm so grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers