Monday, April 20, 2009

The Soap Lady, Joe's Auto, & Doritos

It's 38 degrees and snowing. Heavy, wet, sloppy. Yuck. Had to go out and sign some papers at the LSCU or we wouldn't have gone out today. While we were out I hit Family Dollar and Pat's. Lot's of people out, almost like they challenging weather and thumbing their noses at it.

Speaking of LSCU they saved our butts again. I don't know what we would do w/o them. We have been needing to get our truck fixed for 5 months and haven't been able to scrape up enough money. They gave us a loan. We have an appointment at Joe's (in Bruce's) next Monday. I went to school with him and he takes care of my parent's vehicles all the time. Beats taking it to the dealerships b/c they charge so much more and it's so much better to help out the smaller businesses.

Speaking of smaller businesses, I placed an order at TheSoapLady.com today. Michelle Z started her business when her daughter had terrible skin rashes. The poor baby couldn't use any soaps so Michelle started researching and making her own. Now almost 25 years later Michelle is making and selling soap. She has all sorts of soaps and I couldn't decide on what to order so I ordered her 20 Small Heart sampler, 20 different soaps. I also ordered Prairie Sage b/c it contains tea leaves and I'm hoping it will work as a good antibiotic soap and still not irritate our skin. We've been using Tea Tree Oil in Lever 2000 body wash, but I'm looking for a better less chemical based cleaner. I also ordered Morning in the Woods it naturally repels mosquitoes and flees, so the dogs will be getting baths with this soap too. I ordered Lilac Sachet b/c it reminds me of our wedding. Jeremy picked me a bouquet of Lilacs for me to hold while we were married. It was so sweet and we both love that flower. And I ordered Fresh Meadow to see if I can use this as a shampoo. I also ordered Vanilla and Oatmeal bath bars b/c I remember how much I loved them last time I got an order from Michelle over 15 years ago.

I also tried a new product today. Doritos Late Night Last Call Jalapeno Popper. So good! Not too spicy just like popper, you can taste the cheese just enough. I could only find a small 3 5/8 oz bag, I looked for a bigger one but no where in town yet. I'm hopping they keep this one around for awhile. I remember when I was little we used to get Sour Cream & Onion Doritos they were my favorite. Ranch sort of replaced them years later but I wish we could get the Sour Cream & Onion. Sort of like the Mountain Berry Kool-Aid. Why do they get rid of the ones I love the most? I guess I'm just a bit off center (well we knew this didn't we) when it comes to my favorite things compared to the rest of everyone. Hope they don't get rid of Dr. Pepper. I don't know what I would do. Can't think about not getting my fix.

Talked to Cari today. They are probably getting water at their new house today. It's one of the things keeping them from moving everything in b/c she couldn't clean. They are still looking at May 1st as a move in date. I'm so jealous, I wish we could live in the country. Can't imagine being able to buy our own place, it would be so nice not to have to worry about renting. And we wouldn't have our neighbors. Not that they are all bad, but there are a few. Old Man Ugly for one. Well enough said about him. At least there aren't any grade school kids running around the neighborhood anymore. They've all grown up and are busy NOT riding their bikes and screaming while they chase each other thru everyone else's yards. They eventually did figure out that the "Beware Dog" sign meant what it said. One of the kids actually had the nerve to complain that our dog knocked him down when he ran into her chained area. The dogs only have a 20 foot lead and the kids couldn't stay out of the way! GRRR. Kids, I guess it's good I don't have any. Well, mine would know better and my dogs wouldn't mind try to keep them out of our yard. Okay, can you tell other's people's unruly kids are one of my pet peeves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers