Friday, July 24, 2009

I got Five books from PBS today. Two of the books the order had been canceled. I gave the member credit b/c I really really wanted one of the books, otherwise I would have felt obligated to send the books back. Actually I could have and should have only given them credit for the one I wanted and send the other back. Oh well, too late now. I am a credit down, but have one book mailed so I will have a credit when they receive it. Otherwise I will have to buy credits to pay for it.

It's been a weird day. I had yesterday off and slept like I would normally to go to work. Had to be up for 1:30 for a Dr appointment for Jeremy.

I would have to say the Dr is proving to be more and more of a quack. He welcomed us into the room and said "Good to see you Jerry." Jeremy was really good about it, said, "It's Jeremy, my name's Jeremy." The Dr back peddled and apologized. Jeremy did good not to tell the guy off. During the whole appointment he talked to me and not Jeremy. And he went over non-important things. He went on & on me having trouble getting his meds. I actually had to redirect him!

Mom called today. Of course they wanted rent. She was good about it when I told her we didnt' have it right now. Dad wants us to buy the house. The tax credit would be for $2,000 tops. Don't know if it would be worth it right now. I told Dad not to get all excited about us buying it b/c we had to pay off the truck first and that wasn't until next spring. Mom tried to press us to figure out a way to do it still this year so we could use the tax credit. She thought it was a flat $8,000. It's 10% or the value of the house up to $8,000. So that will give us a bit of help but not a whole lot. Have to still figure out what we are going to do. Do want to buy it, and it would be nice to get a loan for more to fix the roof, the front steps and add a back porch.

Other things I've learned today:
*Mom's loosing weight. 25# so far. That's really good, I have got to start working on that too.
*Ben is down visiting Cari. Will be there for another 3 weeks or so.
*Dad and Uncle Frank almost needed a search and rescue team to find them out at the Old Choate Logging Town. Actually the problem was they didn't make it there, got lost and really got turned around in the woods. Apparently he didn't remember to bring his compass but remembered his cell phone. Two, no three things.
1) Dad DIDN'T bring his compass? That's the first thing needed when going into the woods.
2) Cell phone? Dad? ???
3) Didn't he learn anything from his last attempt to go fishing there? They didn't last long that time either. He burned his shirt, fell in the river, brought cornmeal instead of powedered egg.
*Mom & Dad have internet on their computer and Ben's lap top. Mom says they aren't using their computer, but give it time, Cari will have her playing Farkle and Farmville on Facebook next time they come visiting.
*Camp-Out is mid August. We won't sleep there, but will most likely be able to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers